Role Purpose: To provide effective and efficient support to the Conveyancing Team, by co-ordinating operational excellence and ensuring an outstanding client experience. This role is based in our Manchester office.
As a Senior Conveyancing Legal Assistant your duties will include:
- Client liaison: Effectively communicating with clients, addressing enquiries, providing updates on transaction progress and ensuring a high level of client satisfaction alongside the lawyer.
- Transaction management: Oversee the entire conveyancing process, managing multiple transactions simultaneously, and ensuring timely completion while adhering to legal requirements.
- Drafting legal documents: Preparing and reviewing a variety of legal documents, including contracts and transfer documents, ensuring accuracy.
- Dealing with progression of all files: Assisting with all aspects of the conveyancing process from outset to completion with the assistance and guidance of the lawyer.
- Risk mitigation: Identifying and addressing potential legal risks associated with property transactions, offering proactive solutions to mitigate these risks under the supervision of the lawyer.
- Supervision and mentoring: Providing guidance and support to junior staff members within the team, assisting in their professional development and ensuring team cohesion.
- Communication: Liaising with third parties such as solicitors, estate agents, mortgage lenders and brokers as well as other relevant parties to facilitate a smooth and efficient conveyancing process.
- Problem resolution: Addressing any issues that may arise during transactions, finding practical and legal solutions to ensure successful outcomes alongside the lawyer.
- Record keeping: Maintaining accurate and organised records of all transactions, ensuring compliance with data protection regulations and facilitating easy retrieval of information when needed.
- Continuous professional development: Staying updated on industry best practices, attending relevant training sessions, and pursuing continuous professional development to enhance your legal and conveyancing expertise.
- Legal expertise: Good knowledge and relevant experience of conveyancing procedures
- Attention to detail: Meticulous attention to detail is crucial for drafting accurate legal documents, conducting precise title searches, and ensuring compliance with complex legal requirements.
- Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for effectively liaising with all parties involved in a clear and professional manner.
- Organisational skills: The ability to manage multiple transactions simultaneously and prioritise workload.
- Team ethics: The successful candidate must be able to work well as part of a team and get on well with others, as well as using their own initiative.
- Customer service: Excellent customer service skills to manage client expectations, address enquiries, and provide regular updates on transaction progress.